Witham Amateur Operatic Society (WAOS) and its junior section WOW! treat the privacy of our members and friends very seriously. This policy describes what information we collect and how it is used and shared. It also tells you how you can view, correct and control the use of your data and how we keep it safe.
What kinds of information do we collect?
The information we collect about you depends on how we know you:
- If you audition for or take part in a WOW! show, summer school or workshop, we collect your date of birth, height, medical conditions and contact information for you and your parents and/or guardians. We may also take your photograph and later ask for a biography for a show programme. We ask for your consent (or your parent’s or guardian’s if you are under 13) to use photographs of you on our website and in our programme
- If the person who pays your WOW! fees would like to allow WAOS to claim gift aid tax relief on those payments then we collect their address and postcode
- If you express an interest in WOW! shows, summer schools or workshops either by contacting us or by subscribing to our mailing list through our Contact Us page we store your name and e-mail address
- If you buy tickets for WAOS or WOW! shows then we collect sufficient information to be able to deliver your tickets. We also ask whether you would like to be contacted about future shows and store your response
How do we use your data?
- To keep you safe: WOW! chaperones need to know your age and medical conditions in order to provide appropriate care and use contact information to be able to quickly contact your family in case of illness/accident at one of our activities
- To keep you and your parents informed: our committee or production team use contact information to inform or contact you and your parents about activities that you are taking part in
- To compile the show programme and advertise the show: subject to your consent (or your parent’s or guardian’s if you are under 13), we will use pictures of you and your biography in our programme and pictures on our website, social media and publicity materials
- To comply with the law: we must obtain a licence to allow children to perform in our shows and performances
- To claim gift aid tax relief: since WAOS and WOW! are a charity, we are able to claim gift aid tax relief on some of the money that is paid to us. If the person paying your fees has given us permission to do so, we use their name, address & post code to do this
- To let you know about future WOW! activities: if you or your parents have told us that you would like to hear about future WOW! shows, summer schools or workshops then we add you to our members mailing list. Only children aged 13 or above may subscribe to this mailing list
- To deliver your tickets: we use the contact information collected when buying tickets to deliver those tickets to you
- To let you know about future WOW! and WAOS shows: if you have told us that you would like to hear about future WOW! or WAOS shows then we add you to our audience mailing list.
Who do we share your data with?
WOW! take great care of your data and will not share with any one outside of our organisation except where necessary to deliver our services or to comply with the law.
How can you see, change or delete information about you?
WOW! are happy to answer any requests or concerns that you may have about your data.
- You can do the following at any time by contacting our Chairman, Steve Rogers either by phone 01621 928653 or by e-mail Steve.Rogers@DigitalRF.net:
- See what data we have about you, if any
- Change/correct any data we have about you
- Have us delete any data we have about you
- Express any concern you have about our use of your data
- You may unsubscribe at any time from one of our mailing lists either by contacting us or by using the unsubscribe link in the footer of the e-mail.
How do we keep your data safe?
WOW! are very careful to protect your information.
- Details for WOW! members and contact details for their parents/guardians are stored in a folder by one of our chaperones and brought to all rehearsals and activities. At the end of the show, summer school, the year’s workshops or activity the contact details are shredded
- WOW! committee and production team members may have e-mail lists for parents and WOW! members in their own personal systems or shared through Dropbox during the activity. These are all deleted at the end of the activity
- WOW! members and audience e-mail mailing list data is only accessible to certain WOW! and WAOS committee members through MailChimp and each of those members has their own username and strong password
- Ticket orders received on paper or by e-mail are shredded or deleted once the ticket order has been processed and contact information copied to the appropriate mailing list (if requested)
- Ticket orders received through Positickets are kept indefinitely but are only accessible to certain WOW! and WAOS committee members, each of whom has their own username and strong password
- The WOW! and WAOS postal mailing list is managed by one committee member and is not shared
- WOW! and WAOS do not collect credit/debit card data. All online ticket purchases are made via recognised third parties such as PayPal, Visa and MasterCard
- Gift Aid forms are retained by one committee member.
How will we notify you about changes to this policy?
WOW! may amend this policy from time to time. We will notify our members mailing list when making any significant changes to this policy and give members the opportunity to review and comment on the revised policy before continuing to use our services. The up-to-date version of this policy will always be available on this web page.